It's not a career, it's a calling. Pursue your calling today!
We believe in creating an atmosphere for those who want to join their talents with their passion for making a difference in our communities through the local church. This is a place where people work closely together to lead others into a relationship with Jesus.
> Nursery/Preschool Ministry Coordinator
Position Title: Nursery/Preschool Ministry Coordinator
Reports to: Children's Ministry Coordinator
Denomination: Non-Denominational Contemporary Worship
Job Type: Part-time hourly
Hours: 20 hours a week, to include Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights
Ensure Harvest Kids Jr. (nursery/preschool) is a secure, nurturing environment where children can feel the love and Jesus and learn His truths and parents can be confident in the care being given to their children. With this, organize the weekly care and classes for children birth through age 5 (or 4K) attending services at Harvest Lexington.
Create and foster a safe environment where children and parents feel loved and secure.
Prepare and organize classes for nursery and preschool age children.
· Find or create lesson for each weekly service.
· Instill solid Biblical foundation and Gods truths into each lesson and teaching.
· Introduce the value of worship and prayer.
Oversee the care, maintenance, security and safety of the nursery and preschool area and equipment.
Maintain proper health and cleanliness in all classrooms and common areas in Harvest KidZone.
Provides and purchases age appropriate supplies and equipment for classrooms.
Assisting in developing the nursery/preschool policies in conjunction with your manager, lead pastor and children’s director.
Recruit committed volunteers.
· Schedule, assign and manage classrooms and roles for volunteers
· Communicate and remind volunteers of scheduled services
· Ensure each volunteer attends child safety training.
Schedule paid or volunteer childcare for ministry or special events, as well as organizing activities/meals for those events.
Develop and maintain strong working relationship with middle school ministry and high school ministry to help create and foster consistent messaging and fluid transitions.
Attend monthly staff meetings and other meetings called on by Lead pastoral team or manager.
· HS Diploma
· Active member of a Christian Church
· All candidates called in to interview will be required to provide a letter of reference from a current or former pastor or employer (current or former pastor is preferred)
· Prior children's church, Sunday school or nursery teaching experience
· Strong interpersonal skills to relate with parents and children
· Be a team player and work well with other ministry areas
· Committed Christian & obedient disciple
· A huge love for children and families
· Friendly and outgoing
· Effective communication skills (written, verbal, online and one on one)
· Strong organizational and leadership skills
· Able to recruit, develop leaders and build volunteer teams
· Someone who is comfortable teaching children of all ages
· Adept at problem solving.
*sense of humor and ability to adjust to the flow accordingly; patience and understanding
· A servant pastoral heart for children with special needs and their parents.
· Living in obedience to the Word of God.
· Faithful stewardship in all life.
· Sense of calling to serve Christ through the church.
· Experience and a calling to serve children and children with special needs.
> Christian Afterschool Program Counselor - Experience Required
At Harvest Afterschool, we are currently hiring caring, competent, and character-driven individuals to assist with childcare for elementary age kids. We are a Christian-based afterschool program that serves six Lexington One schools.
- love the Lord
- love kids
- Have at least 6 months experience working in a DSS licensed childcare program
- be well spoken and courteous
- have reliable transportation
- *possess a high school diploma or equivalent per DSS guidelines
- be available most afternoons Monday-Friday from 1:45-6:00 pm during school year mid August to early June
- availability on Early Release days from 11:00am-6:00pm during school year mid August to early June is a plus
- availability to work additional hours during summer break. Summer program runs 6:30-6pm Monday-Friday early June - early August
This is a great fit for local college students. You should be 18 years of age to apply and willing to undergo a finger print background check, DSS Central Registry Check, DSS physical and drug testing.
Christian Preschool Teacher - Full and Part time - Experience required
Great opportunity to gain experience working in both a childcare and Christian setting. Gain experience working with and ministering to preschool age children.
The Harvest Daycare and Preschool, located in Lexington, is looking for caring, compassionate Christian Preschool Teachers, who have experience caring for children ages six weeks to five years. At least 6 months childcare experience (1 year preferred) in a DSS facility is required for these roles. We are committed to providing a loving Christian education, loving Christian environment and top quality care for children who are enrolled in our program. Our goal is to enhance the lives of every child and family that is a part of our program. If you are a patient, caring professional with a background in childcare who also loves Jesus, loves children, and loves teaching His word, we hope you will stop by to discuss this position.
We're looking for qualified candidates to fill both FULL TIME (benefit eligible positions starting at $11/hour) and PART TIME (starting at $10/hour) opening and closing positions at our award-winning daycare! The opening shift hours are typically 7am – 12pm and the closing shift hours are typically 1pm – 6pm. License#: 22697
Responsibilities (this list is not inclusive of all tasks)
- We are looking for qualified Preschool Teachers to prepare small children for kindergarten by easing them into organized education while also sharing the love and Word of God. You will teach them important elements that they will encounter soon after they enter school life. A preschool teacher must have a great love and patience for children. Qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge of best practices and preschool educational methods as well as the ability to engage them and earn their trust and attention. The goal is to contribute to the healthy mental and emotional development of the child so they can more easily acclimate in the next level of education.
- Maintaining a safe classroom environment
- Develop a cleaning routine throughout the day that keeps all of the interactive areas sanitary and safe
- Monitor children during outdoor activities and interact with the children to enhance their learning
- Work with Executive Director, Director, and Assistant Director to maintain communication with parents and contact parents in emergency situations
- Prepare and serve meals and monitor children during lunch time Attend and chaperone field trips as needed
- Be a Christian
- Have high school diploma or GED
- * At least 6 months childcare experience (1 year preferred) in a DSS facility is required for all full-time roles and is highly preferred for all part time employees.
- Ability to pass Background Check
- Ability to pass Drug Test
- Ability to pass DSS Fitness for Duty Physical and TB test
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds
- Love working with children
- Full time positions qualify health benefits, PTO, vision, dental, life insurance and short term disability
Harvest is a place of love and grace for all people through our friendly welcome, worship, practical biblical messages, and connecting through bible studies and relationship building. We equip our employees and members with the resources to grow, serve and witness. Being a part of this team is exciting to us because it means you have felt the call of God to join us in the mission and vision of the Lord. Our staff believes God has given us a wonderful opportunity to reach our community, and beyond, with the Good News of Jesus Christ.